Saturday, March 19, 2011

Springtime!

It is springtime and everything is blooming! This is our dwarf nectarine tree! (Maybe it is peach I can't seem to remember). We lost our other apple tree to a storm a couple days ago so now we have 2 peach, 2 nectarine, pomegranate bush, and a pear tree. We want to add a cherry , an almond (to remind me of California), and our shade tree-probably Mulberry.

So we got into the spirit of things...


We both ripped open bags and bags and bags of dirt. Then spread it round so we have something for our grass to grow on. The man who owned the house before filled the place with red cinders and then our neighbors told us that he used to pour DIESEL on the ground so nothing would grow...well hopefully we don't have any side effects from that...like mutant fruit.
Then we went and bought then loaded stone after stone after stone from STAR NURSERY...I love that place. I wish I had a green thumb. Our at least I hope I learn to keep plants alive.

We are making a pathway from our front to our driveway.
Here is Rod breaking his back.

Then we started landscaping in the front. Ok, ok I helped load and unload bricks, pavers, and rocks...so Rod started landscaping the front.
And we got a few more evergreen plants. We will have an OASIS in the desert!! No cacti and rock for us!!
We got my ivy for the front!! I am so excited!
Here is the front with our stone and brick pathway!

2 comments:

  1. you guys are going to have the cutest house when you're done!! Not that its not right now but everything you guys do is so amazing and its going to look even better! I am jealous!! your next project it my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!And what do you need done at your house? From what I have seen it absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete