Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One Month








Van turned one month old!
According to the doctor he weighs 7lbs 12 oz and is almost 22 inches!
What a tiny little squirt! I think all that has grown is his hands and feet!
He eats most of the time and when he is not eating he is crying.
He likes his chin to be tickled.
Rod and I love the moments when he is awake and quiet.
He is very aware and watches you and tracks your voice.
He is starting to make sweet cooing noises...when he feels like being nice.
His eyes are still the pale gray blue. We think they will be hazel like his Daddy.
He is spoiled rotten!
He will sleep for quite a few hours at a time but only if he is sleeping across my chest. That will have to change at some point, but it is so hard when he so hopelessly adorable, even while crying.
We love him to pieces.

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! He is so stinkin' adorable! I really really really want to meet Van!!! Thank you so much for the new pictures, Justine. I hope he will start sleeping for longer stints soon, I really do. Lack of sleep can mess with parents' brains! It will get better of course, the sleep schedule. But I am finding that breastfed babies take their sweet, sweet time sleeping through the night. Ally (on the bottle) did at 8 1/2 months, and Aaron still wakes me 2-3 times a night to nurse (at 12 1/2 months). If he would wean himself (or if I get the courage to do it!) I would love to come out for Van's blessing. But if he doesn't, I may just have to bring him along for the ride (plane or car, I'm not certain yet). I love and miss you Justine!! And I'm so happy for you and Rod and Van and all the memories you are making with your sweet new family. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is absolutely gorgeous! Love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is really cute!! I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable! I can't believe he is already one month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has the most beautiful skin. And he's a little tiny thing! How cute! Liam also suddenly wakes up whenever I set him down. How do they know?! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete